Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September

Well, I'm officially a bad blogger! September has been crazy for us, as it always is with birthdays and life in general. I'm happy to get this post under the gun of September ending. I know I would have been sad when I printed this into a scrapbook if there was no September 2008.

September is a month of Birthdays for our family. Our niece Anna Beth turned 1. Isn't she cute?
I turned 30 this month - yikes! 30 is definitely different. Things are aching and sagging. It's rough.

Wes turned 31 this month, too. He said 31 sounded alot older than 30. I'll let him think that until next year when I turn 31! He built a cornhole game which he is very excited about. I see many cornhole afternoons in our future.
We made a fast trip to Auburn for the LSU game. It was a fun day and we did make it to Toomer's for lemonade, but not to the game.
Bonnie turned 6 months old and is sitting up pretty good now. I hope to freeze her here for a while. It goes by too fast.
We had two great visits with my mom, Muddie. One when she was here for my big 3-0, and we just returned from her house yesterday. It was so nice to be back there, as I had not been since Thanksgiving of last year. I miss my family so much and cried when I had to drop Mom off at the airport. It's getting harder to be so far away. I wouldn't change Marietta, but I wish it was closer to Louisiana. Speaking of Mom, can I give her props for flying out to Atlanta, getting in the car with me and driving to Louisiana, all in the same day. Then, driving back to Atlanta with me, and flying back home to Louisiana all in the same day! She's the best and hung the moon as far as I'm concerned.
We got to visit with my brother Frank, his wife Sabrina and his daugher Taylor while we were in Louisiana. His motto is "Uncle Frank will spank!" Although, I don't think he would ever follow through with it. Lucy was her cousin Taylor's shadow for 24 hours. Little girls love bigger girls, I guess.




Unfortunately, while we there, my children were wilder than ever. Poison control was called for Annie, spankings were levied for multiple messes. It was unusual for them. Here is Annie on the phone with Wes having to explain what happened. Luckily, Muddie did say we could come back.


All the calls to poison control and messes cleaned up are worth for moments like this. I love capturing these girls doing something together. Pretty soon Bonnie will be in the mix, too. I should mention, though, that this was taken shortly before I found these two smearing Muddie's fire engine red lipstick all over Annie's face and dress. When it came time for punishment, Lucy stated that, "Annie was the only one that did it," thinking that this would excuse her from punishment. What she doesn't understand is that as I came upon them, I heard, "Do it, Annie, do it!!" I haven't figured out who the mastermind is yet, but we certainly have one who carries out the actions and a cheerleader, too.

Hope you had a great September, too! We're looking forward to a great October!

2 comments:

The Muncies said...

poison control??? more details please!

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

oh my goodness, whew! you have had a great month and I love the update! your family is precious!