I can hardly believe it is time for me to blog this post. Not because I've been such a bad blogger, but because a year has come and gone. Our little BonBon is one!! I've never been one to be sad about moving to the next phase. I've always gladly watched my girls grow up and enjoyed it. Things are different this time around. I'm teary - real teary. I think I'm postponing going to bed, because tomorrow we'll start a new year. A new year with an almost toddler, a tween toddler and girl, and a full-blown girl. I have made fun of moms who've "babied their baby," but I'm turning into one of them. Don't be shocked if Bonnie is taking a bottle 2 years from now!
Before I start sobbing let me show you how we got from Princess Toadstool to the Incredible Hulk. 
Here is Wes, one year ago today, telling his older two girls they had a baby sister Bonnie. Some friends who were there said when they saw his huge smile, they were sure he was going to say it was boy. Nope, God knew better. (and yes, the story is true. Lucy did scream about wanting a baby brother. she's crazy about BonBon now, though). 
And there she was, Princess Toadstool. We nicknamed her that because of the green hat she wore in the hospital. It did make her look like a toadstool was on top of her head. It was also undoubtedly too big for her head, but I really wanted her to wear it for St. Patrick's Day. Green was going to be her signature color. 
And here is the Incredible Hulk , one year later, after enjoying her shamrock smash cake of green icing. Her face and hands are stained green after plowing into this. Green is her signature color.
And here she is again, our "not-so-Irish" blessing walking on her first birthday, St. Patty's Day 09. St. Patrick's Day is so widely celebrated with the term "lucky." If only lucky could be defined as blessed,we'd take it. We are blessed. We would not have nor could not have orchestrated this family the way God did. I'm so grateful He is teaching me to get out of the driver's seat. I do not want to miss out on His blessings. Happy Birthday, Bonnie!!!
**If you like the birthday banner in the first picture, click on "The Penuell's" link to the right. Alli Penuell made this banner and it is a great birthday happy!


3 comments:
Selwyn, Such a precious post!! Give Bonnie a big birthday hug from us. Your sweet family is so precious to us. Love you!
Oh, Selwyn! That was the sweetest post! It made me tear up! Even though I only have one right now, I can totally relate to the sentimental feelings! ;)
Miss you!!
You're so sweet, Selwyn! The picture of Wes and the girls in the hospital is priceless!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BONNIE!!!
Post a Comment