Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Our family hopes you had a very Merry Christmas! We did. L and A were very good at answering my repeated question of, "Why do we celebrate Christmas?" They get the answer right almost every time and it sounds so good in their sweet voices, "It's Jesus' birthday!" I pray they know it in their hearts.





We went to my in laws the weekend before Christmas and had a great time in their new house. They gave L and A mini trampolines, which has been a big hit. It is so nice to tell them, "Go jump for 10 minutes," especially right before bed time! L was loved opening presents. Her response to everything she opened was, "It's just what I've always wanted!!" That was so much more gracious than the other quote, "What else did I get?"



A digs her new jumperoo!


We then headed home and my mom and her husband came. They gave L and A a Barbie jeep. At first is was a huge hit, but now they are both scared of driving it. I'm sure we'll only hope for that at age 16, but right now we wish they would loosen up.
We made cookies for Santa. This always hilarious trying to keep them from licking the dough. Only 6 of 24 got some licking this year. We'll call that a victory. Santa brought L and A a dollhouse, which they love. He even brought them a minivan, just like the one mommy drives! They did really well with another unigift from Santa.
B got a playwall that looks very familiar to one Lucy had when she was this age. hmmm. Santa is banking on the fact that B doesn't know she's been given a hand-me-down this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




1 comment:

Lou Lou said...

Hey Selwyn- I didn't know you blogged! So happy to be able to catch up with you guys. I found you on Garretts blog. I only update ours once a week or so, but the family has really enjoyed seeing pics of Ace.